[CMake] CPack install dirs pr component

Lars Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 05:08:03 EST 2013

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:21:57 +0100
From: nilsgladitz at gmail.com
To: laasunde at hotmail.com; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] CPack install dirs pr component

    On 11/18/2013 09:48 AM, Lars Lars
      wrote:

      How can I specify different install dir prefix
        for two components using CPack and Wix generator?

        The current setup installs runtime files to C:\Program
        Files\MyCompany\bin and data to C:\Program Files\MyCompany\data.
        We would like to place the data files in for instance c:\data.
        The setup has two components named "runtime" and "data" which
        are used together with the install command.

    Currently the WiX generator does not support CPack components (WiX
    features):

        http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14434

    As far as I can tell CPack does not support a per component
    installation prefix either but I guess it _might_ be possible to
    achieve this with custom templates once I actually have an
    implementation of CPack components. I am not certain yet since I
    haven't entirely decided on how to implement this.

    Nils --- Thank you for the feedback. Please execuse my ignorace but does the fact that the WIX generator does not support CPack components mean it will always install all components? So specifying CPACK_COMPONETS_ALL with a subset of components will have no effect? What is the timeframe for adding cpack component support for WIX generator? Lars