[CMake] [cmake-developers] Forwarding parameters to cmake through cmake-gui

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Tue Nov 5 18:40:02 EST 2013

On 2013-11-05 17:40, David Cole wrote:
> I would simply like to point out, with all due respect, that in the
> non-CLI use case, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pass command line parameters.

1. I can modify my shortcut / .desktop file (which I previously stated
as a use case for the feature).

2. I can launch cmake-gui from the run / launcher dialog.

In both cases, I'm not using a (full) CLI, but I can still pass "command
line" arguments. (The latter is admittedly a little CLI-like, but its
working directory is still poorly defined and probably you are not
specifying a build directory in that case.)

--
Matthew