[CMake] Forwarding parameters to cmake through cmake-gui

physhh . physhh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 10:47:56 EDT 2013

I've already searched for a feature like this but was not able to find it.
Then i've looked up in the cmake-gui source code but couldn't find anything
related.

What I'm looking for:
If cmake is used directly from the command line, it's possible to pass a
bunch of options (
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.12/cmake.html#section_Options). This
is nice because with this it's possible to use default settings - even if
the cache get deleted. I'm actually really interested in this because it
would be possible to set the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH variable via batch file -
which is neat for custom find modules in custom locations.

My Request:
I would like to see a feature which makes it possible to pass command line
options to cmake-gui which get forwarded to cmake when it gets called. To
make this work the cmake-gui could look for parameters which look like
"forward-*" (where the * is a cmake option name) and pass it to cmake.

Are there any counter-arguments against this?
In my opinion it would make things much cleaner.