[CMake] Cross compiling with Wind River (Diab) compiler

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon May 27 15:43:57 EDT 2013

On Monday 27 May 2013, BILODEAU Andre wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am presently installing makefiles for cross-compiling by using cmake
> 2.8.10.2 and I have to deal with the following issues:
>
> 1-      The toolchain, Wind River C compiler (formerly Diab) is not
> mentioned into modules such as "CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake), and the
> compiler is not identified

Ok, so this toolchain has to be added.
This is probably not too complicated.
Add a way to recognize the compiler in CMakeDetermineCompilerID, and then add
a file for this toolchain in Modules/Compiler/.
Somehow I assume that this compiler is probably quite straightforward and
similar to other UNIX compilers.

> 2-      Mandatory project options force to compile in 2 steps:
>
> a.       Firstly, compile compiler (dcc) for producing an assembler file
>
> b.      Then call the assembler (called dar) program for getting the object
> file .o

Hmm, this is in general not supported.
If you really have to do it this way, I'm not sure I can recommend using
cmake.
The assembler is maybe "das", not "dar" ?

> 3-      Moreover, I wish to produce a static library by using a specific
> Wind River archiver (called dar)

No problem, this can be tweaked in CMakeFindBinUtils.cmake.

Alex