[CMake] Cross compiling with Wind River (Diab) compiler

BILODEAU Andre andre.bilodeau at safran-engineering.com
Mon May 27 03:53:23 EDT 2013

Hello

I am presently installing makefiles for cross-compiling by using cmake 2.8.10.2 and I have to deal with the following issues:

1-      The toolchain, Wind River C compiler (formerly Diab) is not mentioned into modules such as "CMakeDetermineCompilerId.cmake), and the compiler is not identified

2-      Mandatory project options force to compile in 2 steps:

a.       Firstly, compile compiler (dcc) for producing an assembler file

b.      Then call the assembler (called dar) program for getting the object file .o

3-      Moreover, I wish to produce a static library by using a specific Wind River archiver (called dar)

I assume that the first issue should raise few problems.

For the second issue, I would have to write something equivalent to a ".c.o" makefile rule. If I understood the cmake docs, I would have to proceed as follows (I have hundreds of files to compile)

a.       Write a custom command invoking the complier an the assembler, by add_custom_command

b.      Embed that definition into a macro, depending on the input and output file

c.       Call this macro for all .c files of the project

Has anybody an example of such a setup?

I presume this is the same for the third issue. Am I right ?

André BILODEAU
Expert Emérite Safran / Ingénieur Qualité Méthodes Outils

Tél    : 01 30 68 38 99

GSM : 06 26 36 01 71

Fax   : 01 30 68 38 02

BU Equipements Aéronautiques et Transport Terrestre

Safran Engineering Services

10 rue du Fort de Saint Cyr

78180 Montigny le Bretonneux - France
www.safran-engineering.com <http://www.safran-engineering.com>