[CMake] XP toolset for VC++2012

Nils Gladitz gladitz at sci-vis.de
Sun May 12 09:27:39 EDT 2013

I gave it a try and it seems you are right though I get a warning:

CMake Warning:
   Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

I assume in a proper run CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET is set by cmake -T and
then read from there by the visual studio generator when it initializes.

By adding this to the cache manually I guess it is available before the
generator is initialized as well.

Assuming that cmake -T does more than just set CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET
or may choose to communicate the toolset with the generator in a
different way in the future this may break sooner or later.

In CMakeLists.txt you can only set it after the generator has already
been initialized (e.g. too late) (?)

Nils