[CMake] custom NSIS installer

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 6 08:41:36 EDT 2013

> It states that...
>
> "To start work on a custom NSIS script, simply create a file (or copy) into
> your module path (e.g. CPACK_MODULE_PATH) called NSIS.template.in."
>
> Checking the cmake documentation, there is no predefined variable named
> "CPACK_MODULE_PATH".
>
> I could find a "NSIS.template.in." in the cmake's (main cmake install
> directory) modules directory. I believe cmake would not ask me to modify
> this file, as each project's nsis template requirement would be different.
>
> could you please let me know the correct location where I should create the
> template file?
>
> Thanks,
>   Lloyd

Use List append to append your local module path to the
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH then put your custom NSIS.template.in in that folder

LIST(APPEND CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/CMake/Modules)

So in my project root I have the following folder:

CMake\Modules

and it contains my customized

NSIS.template.in

John