[CMake] CMake for Python 3

Pietro Moras studio-pm at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 12:50:33 EDT 2013

I'd love to be
reassured that CMake (+CPack) is a “right” tool for:   Building the
distribution package for a complex Python 3 (+PyQt) application,
mainly aimed at the Windows platform. My goal is a single install
file that, out of an original Python 3 application, will generate an
ordinary “.exe” executable program, possibly verifying in advance
if the target environment has got all the required pre-requisites, so
to possibly grant them when missing. That's my goal and,
of course, I'd love to be positively encouraged to undertake such a
CMake adventure before even beginning to toil at it, of
course... Of course it would be sad to discover I've taken the wrong
way only at the end of it. Gratefully, yours - P.M.