[CMake] Cross Compile MySQL Connector/C for Linux/PowerPC architecture using CMake - Failure

Niranjan M studywireless at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:18:25 EDT 2013

Hi Brad,
           Thanks for the help. I uninstalled my older CMAKE 2.8.7 ans
installed the latest CMAKE which is 2.8.10.2.

I am still getting the same error. I think the executable is not being
generated as shown by the below lines

*-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
CMake Error at
/net/dslabfs/dsl01/users/nmahabaleshwar/NewDataBaseStuff/cmake/cmake-2.8.10.2-Linux-i386/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake:31
(try_compile):

Cannot copy output executable
    ''
  to destination specified by COPY_FILE:
.
.
.
*Below is the line where the problem occurs in the file
CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake line 31

*try_compile(CMAKE_${lang}_ABI_COMPILED*             * --> ERROR*
      ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR} ${src}
      CMAKE_FLAGS "${CMAKE_FLAGS}"
                  "-DCMAKE_${lang}_STANDARD_LIBRARIES="
                  # We need ignore these warnings because some platforms
need
                  # CMAKE_${lang}_STANDARD_LIBRARIES to link properly and we
                  # don't care when we are just determining the ABI.
                  "--no-warn-unused-cli"
      OUTPUT_VARIABLE OUTPUT
      COPY_FILE "${BIN}"
      )

Does it mean the file is not being compiled. I checked in a couple of other
posts and found that if a custom compiler is used *try_compile* uses
information provided in CMakePlatformTests.txt file to get more information
about the custom compiler to generate the executable. Should I provide
additional information ? When I setup my tool chain the compiler is
available at shell (ppc_4xx-gcc and ppc_4xx-g++). This problem is specific
to my tool chain, cmake works fine for gcc and g++ in my environment.

Another thing to note is that the problem is only for *ppc_4xx-gcc* which
is my C compiler, I am not getting similar problem for *ppc_4xx-g++* which
is my C++ compiler.

I am attaching the new build file.

With Regards,
Niranjan