[CMake] Cross Compile MySQL Connector/C for Linux/PowerPC architecture using CMake - Failure

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Mar 20 14:24:25 EDT 2013

On 3/19/2013 5:51 PM, Niranjan M wrote:
> --debug-trycompile
> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
>   Unable to find the executable at any of:
>
>     DIR/mysql-connector-c-6.0.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec
>     DIR/mysql-connector-c-6.0.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug/cmTryCompileExec
>     DIR/mysql-connector-c-6.0.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Development/cmTryCompileExec

This means CMake cannot find any executable produced by the
compiler after building a small test project.  CMake wants
to find the executable to read information about its ABI as
produced by the compiler toolchain.

The problem is either that the executable really isn't being
produced or that the toolchain names it something other than
what CMake thinks.  Before we spend too much time on this
please test with a more recent CMake version.

-Brad