[CMake] Toolchain file: Texas Instrument C6000 Code Generation Tools

Florian Reinhard florian.reinhard at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 18 09:10:57 EDT 2013

2013/3/16 Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org>:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Alexander Neundorf
> <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> Please verify that it works, so I can still get it into 2.8.11 hopefully.
>

> I just realized that the cmake files use the default ABI type which is still
> the legacy COFF, and not EABI.
>
> That is a bit unfortunate because we cannot put "--abi=eabi" in there due to
> the fact that the user would not be able to override that when COFF is
> desired. This is a toolchain limitation that you cannot define both, and the
> latter will be applied as one would think that.
>
> The consequence is that the majority of the people will need to define that
> explicitly. Unfortunately, not much we can do about it, but it is worth
> nothing.

In addition compilers upto 7.2 did not support anything else than coff
abi. So i don't see any valid reason to add --abi=eabi. Even more you
usually set your silicon for improved optimizer results with e.g
set_target_properties(myTarget PROPERTIES COMPILE_FLAGS "-mv6740")
and i see no reason not to add --abi=eabi there if one needs it.