[CMake] how to get install/strip target ?

Martin Koller martin.koller at etm.at
Fri Mar 15 09:45:04 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 13 March 2013 22:43:01 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 March 2013, Martin Koller wrote:
> > cmake 2.8.10, Linux:
> >
> > What do I need to do to have cmake creating a make install/strip target ?
>
> I guess you do have an install target ?
> AFAIK install/strip should be always there automatically.
> It works for me here.
>
> Can you post an example project where you don't get the install/strip target ?

ok, today I had the problem again and I can reproduce it.
cmake version 2.8.10.2, openSuse 12.2

x.c:
main(){}

CMakeLists.txt:
project(test)
add_executable(x x.c)

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

The Makefile does not have a install/strip target

grep install Makefile
# Prepare targets for installation.
preinstall: all
        $(MAKE) -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 preinstall
.PHONY : preinstall
# Prepare targets for installation.
preinstall/fast:
        $(MAKE) -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 preinstall
.PHONY : preinstall/fast

--
Best Regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin

Ing. Martin Koller , mailto:martin.koller at etm.at , http://www.etm.at
ETM professional control GmbH, A-7000 Eisenstadt Marktstr. 3
Phone:+43 2682/741-62603, Fax:+43 2682/741-52555