[CMake] ccmake is not getting installed

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:21:43 EST 2013

2013/1/28 Pradeep Jha <pradeep.kumar.jha at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> thank you for your replies.
>
> I  mentioned in previous email that I tried this command already and this is what I am getting as output:
> [root at 83 ~]# yum install ncurses-devel

[...]

Sorry I overlooked that one.

May be you can bootstrap without ncurses and then wiht the resulting 'cmake'
rebuild cmake including ccmake.

May be only the bootstrap script is unable to find ncurses?
By the way what do you mean by "the latest version of cmake" ?
Is it 2.8.10.2 or git master?

Why do you bootstrap?
Did you try using prebuilt cmake
(from http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
 or from other repo (http://repoforge.org/ see in
http://pkgs.repoforge.org/cmake/)
in order to rebuild your own?

By the way why do you want to bootstrap CMake ?
Is the version shipped with CentOS too old ?
Do you use CentOS 5 or CentOS 6 ?
--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org