[CMake] Embedding html in CDash output

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 10:52:35 EST 2013

On 13.12.2013 16:05, Pere Mato Vila wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I would like to generate build errors (and/or test output) including html tags, in particular adding some links associated to some text. Such that on  CDash I could click directly on the link in the build error or test output. Is there a way to format or scape the html tags such that it appears as when displaying the build errors or test output?
>   Many thanks in advance,
>
> 		Pere
CTest parses test output and extracts information contained in
<DartMeasurement> XML elements.
These are transmitted to CDash as test measurements.

Measurements can be links, html, text, numbers or images.

This documentation isn't actually for CDash but I think the format of
the DartMeasurement elements still mostly works:
http://public.kitware.com/dart/HTML/Tests.shtml

CDash displays measurements on the page with the test output e.g.:
http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=218766786&build=3136881
(random link I picked from one of the public Dashboards)

Nils