[CMake] Random behavior of CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS

Julien Malik julien.malik at c-s.fr
Thu Sep 27 10:50:20 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I like a lot the CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS feature to clean up the build
warning/error on our dashboard.
But depending on the machine running the dashboard build, it is used or
not and I can't find the rationale behind this.

On our today's dashboard [1] we have :
- a ubuntu 12.4 build [2] where it does NOT work (cmake 2.8.7)
- a ubuntu 10.4 machine [3] where it does work (cmake 2.8.4)
- a macosx 10.8 machine [4] where it does NOT work (cmake 2.8.9)

I would really like it to work everywhere I use makefile generators.
As can be seen in the ctest script I am setting the variable inside the
cache before ctest_configure.
I read in [5] that it was the best practice but maybe I missed something.

Any hint about where I should look ?
Is it known to work on Mac too (with Makefile generator of course) ?
Any better place to find documentation than [5] ?

Thanks,
Julien

[1] http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/index.php?project=OTB&date=20120927
[2] http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/viewNotes.php?buildid=96623