[CMake] CMake doesn't set Xcode deployment target in Xcode 4.5

Cristian Bidea cristi at king.com
Thu Sep 27 10:12:46 EDT 2012

Hi

I have a project using CMake and I've used iOS 5.1 SDK (Xcode 4.4.1) untill couple of days ago.
I tried to move the project on Xcode 4.5 with iOS 6.0 SDK and it worked fine on phones with 6.0
but it crashes on phones with OS versions lower than 6.0.

After some searching I came to the conclusion that the deployment target is not set although in
my CMakeLists.txt file I do the following:

    SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${PROJ_NAME} PROPERTIES XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET "4.3")

If I go in Xcode and set the property manually and then I do a clean build it works. That's why I think that CMake doesn't set
this property for Xcode 4.5.

Has anyone bumped into this problem before? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Cristi