[CMake] Problem with CPack hanging system on linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:04:16 EDT 2012

2012/10/11 David A. Alexander <alexanda at txcorp.com>:
> We see a hang with compiled version of cpack on a machine with Quad-Core AMD
> Opteron(tm) 2376 Processors and CentOS release 6.2.  We tried compiling
> cmake version 2.8.9 with both gcc 4.4.6 and gcc 4.6.3 and the hang locks the
> entire system up such that it needs to be rebooted.

You mean "running cpack" hangs your system non compiling it right?

Could you try to valgrind the cpack execution ?
Or better compile a debug version of CPack and valgrind it as well ?

> The cpack from a
> similarly compiled cmake of version 2.8.6 does not show this hang (2.8.8
> does hang).  I tried searching for a similar post, but did not see anything.
> Is this a known problem?  Is there a configure option to cmake that we
> should check?

I really don't know beside the fact that cpack should NEVER EVER hang the system
whatever the compile option.

Is cpack binaries from
http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.9-Linux-i386.tar.gz
exhibiting the same kind of hang?

Two extra questions:

Does the hang occurs on a particular project or does it
occur on any project?

Does it occur for any CPack generator or is it triggered by a some particular
generator (RPM, DEB, TGZ, ...)

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org