[CMake] Problem with CPack hanging system on linux

David A. Alexander alexanda at txcorp.com
Wed Oct 10 23:05:02 EDT 2012

We see a hang with compiled version of cpack on a machine with Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) 2376 Processors and CentOS release 6.2.  We tried compiling cmake version 2.8.9 with both gcc 4.4.6 and gcc 4.6.3 and the hang locks the entire system up such that it needs to be rebooted.  The cpack from a similarly compiled cmake of version 2.8.6 does not show this hang (2.8.8 does hang).  I tried searching for a similar post, but did not see anything.  Is this a known problem?  Is there a configure option to cmake that we should check?

Thanks in advance for any help!

David A. Alexander
Tech-X Corporation