[CMake] Random behavior of CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS

Nils Gladitz gladitz at sci-vis.de
Thu Oct 4 03:14:05 EDT 2012

I noticed I made the same mistake (I forgot to set it in the ctest script).
Now that launchers work my CTEST_CUSTOM_WARNING_EXCEPTION seems to have
stopped working though.

Do those work differently with launchers?

Do I have to set them in two places as well perhaps?
Currently I only read them explicitly with
"ctest_read_custom_files(${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY})" in my ctest script.
My CTestCustom.cmake is generated by an earlier call to ctest_configure().

Nils

On 10/03/2012 08:24 PM, David Cole wrote:
> Yeah, seems silly, I know. But ctest and cmake both need to know about
> it, and we didn't (and still don't) want to introduce a dependency of
> reading the CMakeCache file from ctest.
>
> Let us know if there's still an issue after you do that.
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Julien Malik <julien.malik at c-s.fr> wrote:
>> OK I did not understand I needed *both*.
>> Reading the blog article again, I feel stupid. I swear I've read it several
>> times ;)...
>>
>> That must be it.
>>
>> Thanks for hint,
>> Julien
>>

>> Le 03/10/2012 19:25, David Cole a écrit :
>>
>>> http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/11
>>>
>>> Did you try setting CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS in the ctest -S script, too?
>>>
>>> It's in your CMakeCache already, but it is not set when you run the
>>> outer level ctest script. The driving ctest needs to know to use
>>> CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS also because that's what decides whether to
>>> generate the Build.xml from the logs of the individually launched
>>> commands, or whether to scrape the log of the mixed up results of all
>>> the commands from one giant output stream.
>>>
>>> That should fix it.
>>>

>>> HTH,
>>> David
>>>
> --

Nils Gladitz, B.Sc.
DICOM, Konnektivität und Entwicklung

Scivis wissenschaftliche Bildverarbeitung GmbH
Bertha-von-Suttner-Str. 5
D-37085 Göttingen
GERMANY
Handelsregister Nr. / Trade Register No. B3100 Göttingen
Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors Dr. Gernot Ebel, Dr. Uwe Engeland

Tel: 0049 (0)551 634181-28
E-Mail: gladitz at scivis.de
Web: www.scivis.de