[CMake] Bug with FindQt4?

Kurtis Nusbaum klnusbaum at gmail.com
Sun May 27 20:37:29 EDT 2012

I'm deploying a Qt application which uses phonon on windows. For some
reason, the DeployQt4.cmake module wasn't finding the phonon_ds9 backend
plugin that is standard with windows installations of Qt4. More
specifically (and was I'm almost positive this was what was tripping up
DeployQt4), the QT_PHONON_DS9_PLUGIN_RELEASE variable was not set. I went
and looked at the FindQt4.cmake file and found this line (it's line 1062 on
cmake release 2.8,8):

set( QT_PHONON_BACKEND_PLUGINS phonon_qt7 )

phonon_qt7 is the phonon backend used exclusively on mac. Sure enough,
changing the line to

set( QT_PHONON_BACKEND_PLUGINS phonon_ds9 )

resulted in the variable QT_PHONON_DS9_PLUGIN_RELEASE and
QT_PHONON_DS9_PLUGIN_DEBUG being set to the correct libraries and DeployQt4
module finding the phonon_ds9 plugin and successfully bundling it with my
application. Is this a bug with FindQt4? If so, how can I go about getting
it fixed (I'm happy to create a patch myself if no one else wants to fix
it).

--
Peace, Love, and Source Code
-Kurtis