[CMake] CPack : WM_SETTINGCHANGE broadcast

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sun May 27 19:27:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

     I understand from reading the following article

         http://support.microsoft.com/kb/104011
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/104011>

     that one need to broadcast a WM_SETTINGSCHANGE for environment
variable updated via the registry key to take effect in the current session

     I have been able to update the registry and re-login in have the
effect of updating the environment, using the information from the
following URL

         http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter4.html
<http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter4.html>

     However, I was unable to determine a way from within CPack to do a
WM_SETTINGSCHANGE broadcast so that the user installing the software I
am packaging not to have to log-out and log-in for the updated
environment variable to take effect.

     Is there a different approach ?

Regards

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5