[CMake] Creating package

Kornel Benko kornel at lyx.org
Sun May 27 07:17:07 EDT 2012

Am Sonntag, 27. Mai 2012 um 10:41:01, schrieb Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com>
[ snip ]
> I understand the will of distro packager to build cmake using "SYSTEM" lib
> but (I think that) this cannot be tested on all system combination so
> may be they should do some regression testing when doing that.
> May be we can suggest that distros packager run a CMake dashboard
> with their own "configuration" problem with this being that they may
> apply patches that may triggers red flags which may not be upstream
> concerns...

I am now in the process of compiling myself. The first compilation was ok. It works
but has "CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBARCHIVE:BOOL=OFF"
Setting to "ON", I get the same behaviour as previously in the ubuntu version.

Since cpack is calling "cmake -E tar ...", so we should change "Source/cmArchiveWrite.cxx" I suppose.
But, cpack seems also to use libarchive.

So the patch looks ok (on ubuntu) for cmake but not for cpack.

	Kornel