[CMake] Packaging Best Practices for Linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun May 20 08:26:22 EDT 2012

2012/5/20 Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> On Thursday 17 May 2012, Craig Scott wrote:
[...]
> Can you put this information, how to build a LSB-compatible application
> using cmake, somewhere in the cmake wiki ?
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake
>
> I guess this is a problem many cmake users have (maybe without knowing).

Adding some references that may be used in the wiki (or found when
searching the list):
Main LSB site: http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb
For installing LSB SDK from repo:
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/RepositoryInfo
Simple tuto: http://www.ludism.org/~rwhe/LSB/tutorial/tut.html

I think there would be room for LSB support with some CMake scripts (at least)
and may be some CPack actions as well (like running lsbappchk on each
executable target etc...)

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org