[CMake] How to deal with pre built 3rd party libs?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 16 02:42:32 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Totte Karlsson
<totte at dunescientific.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a project that depends on 3rd party dll's (libxml2).
>
> Is there a 'best practice' to deal with associated files, .h, .lib .dll of
> such within a CMake project?
>
> My library needs to link to the 3rd party lib, and needs its dll for
> execution (obviously), so I feel the need for copying this DLL to my libs
> 'install/bin' folder, so that any of my executables can run, without
> getting a '...dll not found'.

For bundling of 3rd party stuff, you should look at the BundleUtilities
module. Unlike what it name might suggest it works cross-platform,
providing a suite of utility functions to assemble a standalone directory
for your application and all its dependencies.

Andreas