[CMake] Copying a cmake generated VisualStudio project file to another directory

Antje Kühn antje.kuehn at online.de
Wed May 9 10:12:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using CMake 2.8.7 to generate VC++ 2010 project files on Windows 7.

At my CMakeLists.txt files I defined the following:

add_executable(VSData ${SRC} ${INC})

Target_link_libraries(VSData ${SOME_LIBS})

Now I start cmake from my build directory with:

>cmake -G "Visual Studio 10" ..

This works and  I get the *.vcxproj files in build/VSData.

Now I want to copy the generated project files to another place at my file
system.

For this I added the following command at the end to my CMakeLists.txt:

add_custom_command(TARGET VSData

     POST_BUILD

     COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND}

     ARGS -E copy ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/VSData/VSData.vcxproj ${destDir}
VERBATIM)

I also tried this:

add_custom_command(TARGET VSData.vcxproj

       POST_BUILD

       COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND}

       ARGS -E copy $<TARGET_FILE: VSData.vcxproj> ${destDir} VERBATIM)

But nothing happens! No error message, no warnings and the file will not be
copied!