[CMake] MSVC++ IDE is licensed but CMAKE build appears to fail to pick up licence from command line

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 20:50:03 EDT 2012

On 1/07/12 10:25 AM, Asterion Daedalus wrote:
> I have found an problem that appears in two open source projects I
> downloaded.  Both appear to balk because of a missing or expired VC++
> licence.  This is despite the fact that the IDE is running with a
> licence.
>
> MSN "help" simply claims it is a bug in CMAKE so I feel that I will be
> ping-ponging.
>
> Has anyone else come across, or more importantly solved the problem?
>  I am trying a re-install of MS VC++ at this moment as I am assuming
> it is the culprit because two CMAKE makes, from different authors, are
> having the same problem.
I came across a similar problem in the past.

Do you have another installation of Visual Studio somewhere on your
systems e.g. the Express edition or Visual Studio 2008 ?

I didn't get to the bottom of how the problem went away but we had
Express installed and purchased the Professional version later and
evaluated for the 30 days. Around the end of the evaluation period (last
couple of days) is where the problem started even when we put in the
proper license information. As I recall, it went away **after** the
evaluation period as the software started using the purchased license.

As with Windows, rebooting may help.

HTH.

Regards

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5