[CMake] ctest timeout: getting backtraces

Leif Walsh leif.walsh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:25:40 EDT 2012

I'd like to be able to get a backtrace when a test times out with ctest, so I can analyze where the test was stuck, if at all.

I tried writing a fake test to tell me what signal ctest was using to kill a timing out test, but it couldn't.  I imagine this is because it uses SIGKILL and I can't trap that.

Is this the case?  Is there a way to change what ctest uses (perhaps SIGALRM, SIGPROF, or SIGUSR1/SIGUSR2) so I can have my tests trap that, dump a backtrace, and then abort?  If not, could I request this feature?

--
Cheers,
Leif