[CMake] Cross-compilation & Find_Package(Tcl)...

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Tue Jun 26 10:56:14 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to cross-compile an application for windows, in a Fedora 17 box.
I have successfully cross-compiled/installed Tcl/Tk from sources.
And I want to also cross-compile my application, which uses cmake.

Is there a way to convince cmake to use the platform tclsh (in order to
run some scripts), but find the includes & libraries that I have
cross-compiled for the platform?

Running cmake from the Fedora wrapper "mingw32-cmake" does not work. I
also tried to set the following variables:

CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/free/cross-compilation-binaries/win32-ix86/tcl/include
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/free/cross-compilation-binaries/win32-ix86/tcl/lib
CMAKE_PROGRAM_PATH=/opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/bin

But I always get the following:

-- Found Tclsh: /opt/ActiveTcl-8.6/bin/tclsh (found version "8.6")
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (MESSAGE):
   Could NOT find TCL (missing: TCL_LIBRARY TCL_INCLUDE_PATH)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:288
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
   /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindTCL.cmake:206
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
   CMakeLists.txt:122 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Any ideas?

George