[CMake] Trying to compile cmake with local copy of ncurses library

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 17:53:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Sohail Shafii <sohailshafii at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Thanks. What it is apparently doing is including the argument:
> -I/home/***/local/include/ncurses. It should be -I/home/***/local/include.
> I'm not sure why it generates the former during the bootstrap/configuration
> phase.
>
> The problem variable is the following in the CMakeCache.txt file:
> //The curses include path
> CURSES_INCLUDE_PATH:FILEPATH=/home/***/local/include/ncurses
>
> I had to remove "ncurses" from that line. Not a permanent solution because
> the bootstrap will just generate that line each time.  It compiles with
> this custom fix though.

Does this also happen when you use your finished CMake build and run it in
a fresh builddirectory for the cmake sources? If so you could try to use
cmake's trace features to see where the value is coming from and check
wether maybe the find_path invocation for detecting the directory is wrong.

Andreas