[CMake] Trying to compile cmake with local copy of ncurses library

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 25 17:32:00 EDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Sohail Shafii <sohailshafii at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [ 49%] Building C object
> Source/CursesDialog/form/CMakeFiles/cmForm.dir/fld_arg.c.o
> In file included from
> /home/***/src/cmake-2.8.8/Source/CursesDialog/form/form.priv.h:34,
>                  from
> /home/***/src/cmake-2.8.8/Source/CursesDialog/form/fld_arg.c:33:
> /home/***/src/cmake-2.8.8/Source/CursesDialog/form/form.h:46:31: error:
> ncurses/ncurses.h: No such file or directory
>
> This is unusual to me because in the CmakeCache text file I see the exact
> location of the file listed for the CURSES_HAVE_NCURSES_CURSES_H:FILEPATH
> variable.

When you encounter compile errors such as the above, run make VERBOSE=1 to
see what the actual compiler commandline is. If that one is missing the
path you think should be there and since your cmake is not built yet, I'd
suggest to trace down how the include-dirs for ncurses end up being given
to the target.

Andreas