[CMake] INSTALL documentation does not mention default component Unspecified

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 02:59:04 EDT 2012

2012/6/21 Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>:
> If an INSTALL command does not provide a COMPONENT, it seems that a
> component named "Unspecified" is created.

This is true.

> This is not mentioned
> anywhere in the cmake documentation as far as I can tell.

This is almost true, Alex has implemented a way to control
the name of the default component and has put in some
doc for it. This is in master thus will be in 2.8.9.

Try:
cmake --help-variable CMAKE_INSTALL_DEFAULT_COMPONENT_NAME
cmake version 2.8.8.20120619-g5443
  CMAKE_INSTALL_DEFAULT_COMPONENT_NAME
       Default component used in install() commands.

       If an install() command is used without the COMPONENT argument, these
       files will be grouped into a default component.  The name of this
       default install component will be taken from this variable.  It
       defaults to "Unspecified".

That said may be we can add a word about it in the documentation
of the install command itself.

Where would you expect to find the missing documentation?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org