[CMake] CMake and Photran

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Dec 14 14:56:17 EST 2012

On Friday 14 December 2012, Dick Munroe wrote:
> I'm using CMake to build a project with multiple sub-projects each
> producing an executable and would love to be able to use Eclipse/Photran
> on CentOS to be able to do some debugging in the production environment
> we use rather than going to make/gdb directly as we currently do but
> I've been completely unable to figure out how to get CMake CDT style
> make files projects integrated into Eclipse/Photran.  I'm using the Juno
> release of Eclipse and the Photran 8.x.
>
> The overall directory structure is of the form:
>
> build/
>       code/for/
>       code/cxx/
>       code1/for/
>       cmake/
>
> Fortran/C++ code in the code* directories.  The cmake directory is the
> build/source directory.
>
> I'm using the Intel toolchain.  ifort version 13.0.2
>
> I've pawed through the net and tried the examples and I kinda get things
> working as far as accessing the source but can't get make to run to
> build projects and can't figure out how to build individual sub-projects
> if I only want to debug one thing or another.
>
> Anybody with some experience out there that can give me some pointers or
> should I think in terms of reorganizing my source/build directories?

I haven't used Eclipse with Fortran, and the CMake Eclipse generator is
completely unaware of Photran.
So this may be "simply" a missing feature.

Nevertheless, all targets should have been created, and you should be able to
build individual targets e.g. using the Make targets-view.

Don't they appear there ?

Alex