[CMake] CMake 2.8.7 + XCode generator + nasm files

Damien Chavarria roy204 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:19:21 EDT 2012

> But shouldn't this only be enabled when the ASM_NASM language has been
> enabled
> ?
> Otherwise a project which builds for xcode doesn't build with makefiles,
> because the
> enable_language(ASM_NASM)
> is missing.
>
> Also, I think it would be a good idea to reuse e.g. the file suffix
> extensions
> from CMakeASM_NASMInformation.cmake so this information is not duplicated.

I actually get your point now and it does make sense. However, I think
other generators are broken too then.

For example in Visual Studio (2008) I have to add a custom build rule
(through add_custom_command) to make the same nasm files build. Does this
mean a well-though patch should also address that and integrate the custom
build steps in the visual studio solutions automatically as well ?

I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge of CMake and enough time to deal
with all that - which now seems like a major feature addition.

D.

D.