[CMake] CMake 2.8.7 + XCode generator + nasm files

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Apr 11 12:18:06 EDT 2012

On Wednesday 11 April 2012, David Cole wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Damien Chavarria <roy204 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you David & Alex,
> >
> > I also have the  ASM_NASM language enabled in my CMakeLists.txt files,
> > and this works for Makefile generators so I'm not sure I understand why
> > there is more work involved in that area of the code ? It seems to
> > handle nasm fine to me.
> >
> > My problem was only with XCode, and regardless of the Makefile
> > generators, I think the CMake XCode generator should know about the nasm
> > file type and set the correct field in the XCode project. David's
> > suggestions looks good to me and I can submit a patch later today if you
> > guys agree this is the correct course of action ?
>
> Yes, please do. (I assume everything works well for you from within
> Xcode once you set the nasm file types correctly? Everything builds
> fine?)

But shouldn't this only be enabled when the ASM_NASM language has been enabled
?
Otherwise a project which builds for xcode doesn't build with makefiles,
because the
enable_language(ASM_NASM)
is missing.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to reuse e.g. the file suffix extensions
from CMakeASM_NASMInformation.cmake so this information is not duplicated.

IOW, I don't want to keep you from submitting a patch, these are just some
points which IMO should be kept in mind.

Alex