[CMake] Xcode deployment postprocessing

Robert Bielik robert.bielik at xponaut.se
Mon Sep 5 00:47:17 EDT 2011

Tack Johan,

Johan Björk skrev 2011-09-04 09:12:
> You can set it using
> SET(CMAKE_XCODE_ATTRIBUTE_DEPLOYMENT_POSTPROCESSING YES)
> You might also want to enable the strip-attribute if that's what you are aiming for (STRIP_INSTALLED_PRODUCT?)

Yup that's what I'm aiming for. However, having set that attribute (and STRIP_INSTALLED_PRODUCT and STRIP_STYLE which I think are set
automagically by cmake), my binary is still PEPPERED with symbols.

I guess that Spotify uses cmake too ? ;) And having checked Spotify's binary I can see there's virtually no exported symbol in it. So what
else do I need to setup in order to achieve the same thing ? I've tried adding -fvisibility=hidden (is that only for dylibs ?) to no effect...

TIA
/Robert
Ps. Hälsa Micke Eriksson :)