[CMake] Contribute two new find package implementation.

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 06:15:34 EDT 2011

2011/10/7 Mathias Fröhlich <M.Froehlich at science-computing.de>:

> Hi,
>
> I have done and would like to contribute two new find package implementations.
> These are both IEEE standardized successors rti1516 and rti1516e of the RTI
> libraries  where cmake already has the predecessor library find package
> implementation with FindRTI.cmake.
>
> Attached are the initial versions of FindRTI1516.cmake and FindRTI1516E.cmake.
> Is it possible to include these or improoved versions into the standard
> distribution?

Hi Mathias,

Nice to ear from you on CMake ML.

Module contribution process is described here:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Module_Maintainers

Concerning 1516 and 1516e specific module may be it would be interesting
to only have one module "FindRTI.cmake" .

I think we cannot really use the VERSION argument of find_package
but may be

find_package(RTI COMPONENTS HLA13 IEEE1516)
would be nice?

The current module maintainer is Petr Gotthard but it seems
like the CMake included module has not been updated recently,
may be he does not have enough time to maintain it any more?
Petr are you listening to CMake ML?

As a CERTI developer we did have the initial version of FindRTI.cmake from Petr
inside our tree:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/scripts/FindRTI.cmake?revision=1.12&root=certi&view=markup

I had to update this copy in order to include 1516 lib names.
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/certi/scripts/FindRTI.cmake?revision=1.13&root=certi&view=markup

I shall have proposed an update to CMake included module as well but I
lack time.

If you are willing to maintain the FindRTI.cmake shipped with CMake
(if Petr is ok pass on)
may be you can merge the modifications you've just sent and the
one I did for CERTI source tree then follow the Module maintainer process
in order to have a new updated module in the next CMake release.

I'll help to review and test the module (at least on Linux).

--
Erk
http://www.april.org