[CMake] FindDCMTK Not setting up DCMTK_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES Correctly?

Thomas Sondergaard ts at medical-insight.com
Tue Nov 29 11:47:03 EST 2011

On 2011-11-29 17:28, kent williams wrote:
> I'm running into problems using the DCMTK library.  I've set up an
> ExternalProject to build and install it, and the CMake 2.8.5
> FindDCMTK.cmake finds the library if I set DCMTK_DIR.
>
> But the DCMTK_INCLUDE_DIRS variable created by FindDCMTK.cmake isn't
> 100% correct.  It does a good job of enumerating all the include
> directories, but the include files themselves have the bad manners to
> use #include statements like this:
>
> #include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h"
>
> Which would mean that ${prefix}/include should be added to DCMTK_INCLUDE_DIRS
>
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/config
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmdata
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmimage
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmimgle
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmjpeg
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmnet
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmpstat
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmqrdb
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmsign
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmsr
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/dcmtls
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/ofstd
> ${prefix}/include/dcmtk

If the source has #include "dcmtk/config/osconfig.h" then it will not
help you to have ${prefix}/include/dcmtk/config in the search path, you
need to have ${prefix}/include.

> Or am I doing something dumb?

That's probably a bit strong.

Why don't you try some modern printf-style debugging? :-) Modify the
FindDCMTK.cmake file with some message(...) calls and see what is going on?

I use FindDCMTK.cmake, but I use it against an installation directory
nor against a source directory. The installation directory is created by
dcmtk when building the install target. I use the cmake tool chain for
dcmtk as well. The macro is supposed to work against both source and
installation trees.

Regards,

Thomas