[CMake] cmake support D programming?

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Nov 24 10:14:37 EST 2011

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:13:36 +0100
Jens Mueller <jens.k.mueller at gmx.de> wrote:

> cmaked2 supports dmd and gdc. But it is not included in the CMake
> repository.

Even gdc...that's great.

> I have no resources to move cmaked2 over to the CMake repository.

Can you explain a bit what resources do you miss to apply it upstream?

> So far, you need to update your CMake installation manually (see
> http://code.google.com/p/cmaked2/wiki/GettingStarted).

OK.

> I'm very thankful for anybody who wants to help out. And I'd like to
> support these efforts.

Seeing that D community is alive, at least with dmd, gdc, phobos, we've
decided to try our luck with D and I'd like to help according to my
skills and time constraints to help building its ecosystem.

What would be required to include cmaked2 into official release?

> > We'll defnitely used D for our project after short excursion to
> > Cython+Python, and although I see that Xfbuild is revived,
> > Cmake/CPack look as the best combo.
>
> It is.

That's nice to hear. Although there are complaints about the tool, it is
obvious that it's capable to build the projects of much bigger size than
we'd ever need. Moreover, Cpack is also very handy and we want to write
multi-platform desktop app, developing on Linux and provide GUI
installers/packages for Windows & Mac OS X.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who is not disturbed by the incessant flow of
desires — that enter like rivers into the ocean, which is