[CMake] Generating for cygwin

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Nov 10 23:05:54 EST 2011

On 11/10/2011 5:14 PM, Robert Dailey wrote:

> I think my incorrect subject is symbolic of the fact that I don't know
> what I'm looking for ;)
>
> So you're basically saying that from cmake-gui on Windows, point C and
> CXX to cl.exe? I did this but got a big fat error message:

I also said in my previous email that the environment had to be setup
correctly.  You have to run cmake-gui in an environment where cl is in
the path and all of the other environment variables that VS requires to
run from the command line are set.  In addition cygwin needs to be in
the PATH with the correct make.exe.

The way to do that is to:

1. create the bash script that exports all the env you need for cl to run.
2. source that script.
3. run cmake-gui from that shell.

The other option is to put all of those variables into the windows OS
environment, but I don't recommend that.

-Bill