[CMake] Testing C++ features

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Thu Mar 24 15:01:04 EDT 2011

Am Samstag, 5. März 2011, 14:20:44 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have CMake tests for a bunch of C++ features (especially
> C++0x ones). Before I start investing time in this I ask here if anyone
> already has done this or parts thereof so I don't reinvent the wheel?
>
> Bill, David, would you be interested in adding such thing as a module to
> CMake 2.8.5?

Ok, I have done some basic things (for the features that are currently
interesting to me). I would like to get some feedback on this. Very
appreciated would be the results of the test on different compilers.

If you compare the results to
http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/C++0xCompilerSupport please be aware that g++
requires CXXFLAGS=--std=c++0x to enable most of the new features.

Eike