[CMake] CPack: Bundle Generator and fixup_bundle

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Mon Jul 11 15:08:10 EDT 2011

Hi Dominik,

If I understood properly your problem ...

You could have a look at line 40 of
https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/SlicerCPack.cmake

  # HACK - For a given directory, "install(SCRIPT ...)" rule will be
evaluated first,
  # let's make sure the following install rule is evaluated within its own
directory.
  # Otherwise, the associated script will be executed before any other
relevant install rules.

Hth
Jc

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Dominik Schmidt <dev at dominik-schmidt.de>wrote:

> Hello List!
>
> I'm trying to use the Bundle Generator for Mac OS X and am facing the
> following problem:
>
> bundle_fixup() from BundleUtilities would need to be called after
> generating the app *before* generating the .dmg, but looking at the code of
> the generator I can't find any way to do so.
>
> My first attempt to circumvent this, was to prepare everything at
> POST_INSTALL time but that will be overwritten when the real app is
> generated.
>
> Now my idea is to have a possibility to hook something up between app and
> dmg generation - either code directly or a file to include. I would run that
> code from cmCPackBundleGenerator::**PackageFiles just before createDmg()
> is called.
>
> Please tell me if I have overseen anything and/or if my suggestion sounds
> any reasonable.
>
> I would be willing to implement this myself, if you give me a few hints how
> to run cmake-code/files from the cmake source itself.
>

> Best regards,
> Dominik
>
> P.S.: Hopefully this is not a double post, but my first attempt of writing
> to the list was swallowed by mailman it seems :-)
>
> Visit other Kitware open-source projects at http://www.kitware.com/**
> opensource/opensource.html<http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.html>

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/**CMake_FAQ<http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ>

+1 919 869 8849