[CMake] CPack: Bundle Generator and fixup_bundle

Dominik Schmidt dev at dominik-schmidt.de
Mon Jul 11 15:01:24 EDT 2011

Hello List!

I'm trying to use the Bundle Generator for Mac OS X and am facing the
following problem:

bundle_fixup() from BundleUtilities would need to be called after
generating the app *before* generating the .dmg, but looking at the code
of the generator I can't find any way to do so.

My first attempt to circumvent this, was to prepare everything at
POST_INSTALL time but that will be overwritten when the real app is
generated.

Now my idea is to have a possibility to hook something up between app
and dmg generation - either code directly or a file to include. I would
run that code from cmCPackBundleGenerator::PackageFiles just before
createDmg() is called.

Please tell me if I have overseen anything and/or if my suggestion
sounds any reasonable.

I would be willing to implement this myself, if you give me a few hints
how to run cmake-code/files from the cmake source itself.

Best regards,
Dominik

P.S.: Hopefully this is not a double post, but my first attempt of
writing to the list was swallowed by mailman it seems :-)