[CMake] CPack problem with nsis on linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:52:32 EST 2011

2011/12/20 Hendrik Kunert <kunerd at users.sourceforge.net>:

> Am 20.12.2011 21:13, schrieb Eric Noulard:
>
>> 2011/12/20 Hendrik Kunert<kunerd at users.sourceforge.net>:
>>>
>>> The error was the not set CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY.
>>
>> I bet it was but normally this is automatically set by CPack
>> so why wasn't it set?
>
> I don't know, it only works if I set it by my own.

This is not the normal behavior, this hides some other problem.
Did you try with CMake 2.8.7rc1?

> But now I have another
> Problem, now it is the version Problem.
>
> NSISOutput.log
> # Run command: "/home/hendrik/Programme/nsis/nsis-2.46/makensis" -VERSION
> # Output:
> v20-Dec-2011.cvs
>
> I think cpack didn't know the .cvs at the end. Where did you get your NSIS.

It is in Debian repository
(http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/nsis)
so that:

aptitude install nsis

does install it.

Note that you have it with Ubuntu as well:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/nsis

> I downloaded the source from the NSIS webpage. I had seen this issue
> somewhere on the www, but couldn't find that. Maybe someone in the mailing
> list knows that.

If you have to rebuild it you may at least use the debian source package.

You should definitely search the problem of the unset
"CPACK_TOPLEVEL_DIRECTORY" first it should be set properly.

Would you send me the generated CPackConfig.cmake file?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org