[CMake] CPack problem with nsis on linux

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:27:30 EST 2011

2011/12/16 Hendrik Kunert <kunerd at users.sourceforge.net>:
> Hi,
>
> i get the following error message from CPack with NSIS for a crosscompiled
> application:
>
> Run CPack packaging tool...

How are you calling CPack? This does not look like a standard CPack message...

> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
>  what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
> make: *** [package] Abgebrochen ( aborted in English :D )
>
> I found on the web, that this is a problem of CPack getting the version
> number from NSIS. My question is now, if there exist a CMake or NSIS version
> that works on Linux and in my usecase described above?
>
> I use the following setup:
> OpenSuse 11.3 64 bit
> CMake 2.8.1-3.4

Debian Squeeze 64bit
CMake 2.8.6
NSIS v2.46-6

works here but not with a cross-compiled package
which does not make a lot of sense but from CPack point of view
there is not so much difference between packaging native or
cross-compiled files.

could you try

cpack --debug -G NSIS

in the build tree and see what happen.

May be trying CMake 2.8.6 or even 2.8.7rc1 would be better.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org