[CMake] Error running link command: Bus error

Patrick Gampp hr824 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 26 03:51:18 EDT 2011

Hi David,

> From your VERBOSE output, it looks like you're building on
> "/Volumes/amm-er" -- what happens if you move the source and build
> trees onto your Mac hard drive and then try? Hopefully that will
> eliminate the linker crash.

I moved the code to a local directory and it worked. Thanks!

> This is a problem with Apple's linker, not a problem with CMake. (As
> far as I can tell from the information in this thread...)

I don't know. When I build the same project on the network drive /Volumes/amm-er/ using Xcode 4, there are no problems. I have no other compilers installed and as far as I know, Xcode and the Unix Makefile use the same compiler/linker. Therefore, couldn't that also be a cmake-problem?

> HTH,
> David

Thanks,
Patrick