[CMake] Better handling of library dependencies for CPack

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sun Apr 24 04:20:48 EDT 2011

Am Sonntag, 24. April 2011, 16:24:54 schrieb Rosen Diankov:
> After thinking about it, perhaps it would make most sense to have
> DISTRO be ubuntu, debian, fedora, etc, rather than the code name.

Well, if you do a fallback from X_DEPENDS_DISTRO to X_DEPENDS, then why not
implement also an X_DEPENDS_DISTRO_VERSION, like X_DEPENDS_OPENSUSE_11_4? Then
you can still override that for one special version just with the same logic.

A good example would be CMake itself: in older versions of openSUSE (like
11.0) CMake needs it's own libarchive while I can use the distro one in recent
versions since it's new enough.

Eike