[CMake] SuperBuild whoes

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 04:30:58 EDT 2011

On 04/21/2011 06:48 AM, Michael Wild wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to set up a SuperBuild here. Everything works nicely the
> first time round I build the project. The only real problem I have is
> that if I change the sources of one of the sub-projects, the SuperBuild
> still thinks everything is up to date. Of course, this is fully
> explainable by the fact that the SuperBuild knows nothing about the
> internal dependencies of the sub-project, and since the stamp files are
> all there and unchanged, it thinks everything is fine. How do I get
> around this? Anybody got an idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Found it myself. For completeness and documentation purposes: Add a
custom target which removes the *-complete (see ExternalProject.cmake on
where it is located, it is a bit tricky) and -*configure stamps. Of
course, it should always run and depend on the external project target.

The thing I'm struggling with now is installing the various sub-projects
into the system. Seems like it is impossible to install an imported
target [1], but guessing and hard coding the paths is also not very
attractive, but probably the only way to go at the moment. If anybody
has a better idea, please speak up...

Michael

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg18336.html