[CMake] /DEFAULTLIB for Visual Studio 2010 generator

Alexander Kasper alexander.limubei.kasper at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 11 09:58:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

I ran into some strange behaviour when using the CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX
variable with the VS2010 generator. The solution generates fine and all the
libraries of the project are built like they should in debug configuration
with the "_d" postfix I specified. The problem is now that when linking one
of the libraries, VS insists on linking a non-"_d"-version. I investigated
in the linker log and found that apparently the /DEFAULTLIB option is set
for this program.

I then tried to recreate this with a simple test project, but wasn't
successful so far. Has anyone encountered this behaviour or has any hints as
to what could cause this? I'm using CMake 2.8.3 on Win7 64bit.

Thanks!