[CMake] cmake for cygwin

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) yselkowitz at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 24 23:52:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 13:12 +0000, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> So this is only different from what other build tools or whatever do. But
> it is well known behaviour, it is documented, and it can't be changed for
> backward compatibility anyway.

The only platform which this affects is Cygwin, we (the Cygwin package
maintainers) regard this as a bug, and therefore are not concerned with
backward compatibility.

Let me make this clear: with WIN32 defined, CMake is practically
*useless* to us on Cygwin, as it requires patching almost every
CMake-based package to build correctly.  With WIN32 undefined, almost
all packages build OOTB.  Simple as that.  Shouldn't we -- the users and
distributors of Cygwin -- have the final say as to how Cygwin should be
handled?

Yaakov
Cygwin Ports