[CMake] Help tracking down a problem

Travis Jensen travis.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 22:58:10 EDT 2010

I'm trying to build a project using cmake (firebreath).  I am stuck at a
particular point (details later).  I can build other projects without
running into this problem.  Other people can build firebreath without
running into this problem.  The obvious conclusion is that I've got
something weird going on with my environment.  I'm new to cmake and don't
know where to start debugging the problem.  Any help I can get would be
appreciated.

Now the details: I am running on OS X 10.6.4. I am using the precompile
cmake binaries, version 2.8.2.  I have Xcode 3.2.4 installed.  I also use
Macports to install various things, but have removed all of the Macports
directories from my path to try to remove that variable.

Here is the error I'm seeing:

-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - not found
-- Check if compiler accepts -pthread
-- Check if compiler accepts -pthread - no
CMake Error at
/Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Threads (missing: Threads_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /Applications/CMake.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindThreads.cmake:157
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

So how do I go about debugging this? libpthread does exist in /usr/lib and
is found in other contexts, so something has altered where it is looking.

Thanks.

tj

--
*Travis Jensen*
***
Send me email @ travis.jensen at gmail.com

**What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**